About National Ants on a Log Day
Ants on a Log is a popular snack, especially among children, that consists of celery filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins.
The name "Ants on a Log" comes from the appearance of the raisins on top of the peanut butter-covered celery, which resemble ants crawling on a log. The combination of the crunchy celery, creamy peanut butter, and sweet raisins make for a delicious and satisfying snack.
To make Ants on a Log, you will need:
- Celery stalks, washed and dried.
- Peanut butter or other nut butter of your choice.
- Raisins or other dried fruit
- Cut the celery stalks into 3-4 inch pieces.
- Spread peanut butter on the inside of the celery using a butter knife or spoon.
- Place raisins or other dried fruit on top of the peanut butter.
Enjoy your ants on a log!
You can also use different fillings such as cream cheese, hummus or even chocolate spread. Also, you can add different toppings such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips or seeds. This snack is not only easy to make but also healthy. It's a good source of protein, healthy fats, and dietary fiber, and it's low in calories.