About Emergency Services Day
Emergency Services Day begins at 9am on 9th September (9th hour of the 9th day of the 9th month) with two minutes’ silence to remember the more than 7,500 members of the emergency services who have been killed as a result of their duties.
Emergency Services Day:
- Promotes our 999 heroes who serve / have served.
- Promotes career and volunteer opportunities across the emergency services.
- Promotes using the emergency services responsibly.
- Educates the public on essential life-saving skills.
- Promotes emergency services charities and the work they do.
- Promotes campaigns being run by frontline emergency services.
National Police Memorial Day
National Police Memorial Day is an opportunity to remember the sacrifice of fallen police officers.
Postal Workers Day
Find out the dates, history and traditions of Postal Workers Day in the UK.
National Receptionists Day
Receptionists are the face of many companies and their professionalism helps everyone get what they need.
Other Observances on September 9th 2023
National Teddy Bear Day 🧸
Do something special for your Teddy Bears today - we suggest... a picnic.
Carl Garner Federal Lands Cleanup Day
Observed on the first Saturday after Labor Day to encourage nationwide citizen participation in the cleanup of federal lands.