About National Wine Day
Don't get this day confused Drink Wine Day, which takes place on February 18th. This is a day to revel in and enjoy this great grape drink.
Wine has been produced for thousands of years. The earliest evidence of wine is from ancient Georgia, dating back to 6000 BC. The oldest known winery is a cave in Armenia.
- Did you know? China is the world’s largest consumer of red wine.
- Did you know? More wine is drunk per head in Vatican City than any other country on Earth.
- Did you know? In wine-tasting, a ‘cat-pee aroma’ is a compliment.
- Did you know? Classical music played in restaurants increases the amount people spend on wine.
- Did you know? Drinking wine before a meal makes you eat 25% more.
- Did you know? Wine drinkers pour 12% more wine into a glass they’re holding than one that’s sitting on the table.
- Did you know? Prince Charles runs his car on biofuel made from wine.
- Did you know? Wine can be ‘aged’ by passing it through an electric field for three minutes.
- Did you know? It takes 700 grapes to make one bottle of wine.