About National Cook a Sweet Potato Day
Sweet potatoes are a versatile and nutritious food that can be cooked in a variety of ways. Here are a few popular methods for cooking sweet potatoes:
- Baking: This is a classic method for cooking sweet potatoes. Simply wash and poke holes in the potato, wrap it in foil and place it in a preheated oven at 375-400F (190-200C) for 45-60 minutes, or until the potato is tender when pierced with a fork. You can also cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and roast them for a crispy exterior and soft center.
- Microwaving: This is a quick and easy method for cooking sweet potatoes. Simply wash and poke holes in the potato, place it on a plate and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the potato is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Boiling: Cut the sweet potato in to cubes or slices and boil them in a pot of water for 10-15 minutes, or until they are tender. Then drain and season as you desire.
- Grilling: Cut the sweet potatoes into slices or wedges, brush them with oil, and grill them for about 8-10 minutes on each side, or until they are tender and lightly charred.
- Instant Pot: Cut the sweet potato in to cubes, add 1 cup of water to the Instant pot, put the sweet potatoes on the trivet, close the lid and set to manual, high pressure for 5 minutes. Release the pressure and take out the sweet potatoes.
- Slow Cooker: Peel and dice the sweet potato and put it in the slow cooker with a little bit of water or broth, set it to low and cook for 4-6 hours, or until the sweet potato is very tender.
These are just a few of the many ways to cook sweet potatoes. Experiment with different methods and seasonings to find the best way to enjoy this versatile and delicious food.