About National No Beard Day
Though beards are currently in vogue, this is a day to brave the shave and get rid of that facial fur at least once a year.
- Did you know? The fear of beards is known as Pogonophobia.
- Did you know? 98% of America’s wealthiest men do not have a beard.
- Did you know? The chemical substance dihydrotestosterone can increase both beard growth and baldness. One theory is that beards can cause baldness due to the body’s increased temperature regulation.
- Did you know? Around 3000 BC when copper tools were developed, copper razors were invented.
- Did you know? Alexander the Great strongly promoted shaving during his reign in the 4th century BC because he believed it looked tidier.
Find out the dates, history and traditions of National Men Make Dinner Day (Must Cook. No BBQ Allowed! :)