About National No Beard Day
Though beards are currently in vogue, this is a day to brave the shave and get rid of that facial fur at least once a year.
- Did you know? The fear of beards is known as Pogonophobia.
- Did you know? 98% of America’s wealthiest men do not have a beard.
- Did you know? The chemical substance dihydrotestosterone can increase both beard growth and baldness. One theory is that beards can cause baldness due to the body’s increased temperature regulation.
- Did you know? Around 3000 BC when copper tools were developed, copper razors were invented.
- Did you know? Alexander the Great strongly promoted shaving during his reign in the 4th century BC because he believed it looked tidier.