About National Milk Chocolate Day
Chocolate milk was made popular by an Irishman named Sir Hans Sloane when he was visiting Jamaica and was offered a cocoa powder drink by the villagers and thought it tasted foul, so he mixed it with milk instead and brought it back to England where it was sold as a medicine.
Five Facts about Chocolate
1. More than 50% of adults in the US prefer chocolate to any other flavor.
2. Americans eat 2.8 billion pounds of candy annually. About half of it is chocolate.
3. The word chocolate comes from “Xocolatl,” the Aztec word that means “bitter water.”
4. Eating chocolate can help prevent tooth decay and works as an anti-bacterial agent.
5. The Ivory Coast produces more cocoa than any country in the world which makes for 37% of it.