About Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
This day was established to thank and show support to law enforcement officers for their dedication to duty and service to their communities.
Please take time on January 9th to show your appreciation to the law enforcement professionals by:
- Wear blue in support of law enforcement
- Send a card or letter of support to your local police department, county sheriff, tribal or state agency
- Tell an officer “Thank You”
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media
- Participate in Project Blue Light – Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement
- Turn your social media channel blue
- Fly a blue ribbon on your car antenna, mailbox, or anywhere a ribbon can be tied
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.