About National Train Your Brain Day
This day was created to encourage everyone to expand and “exercise” their brain and use more of its potential capacity.
Exercising the brain is important. Routine activities don’t keep the mind sharp. This day encourages us to expand and exercise our brain and use more of its potential capacity.
There are many different ways to “exercise” your mind and improve your cognitive skills such as reading, word puzzles, number games, brainteasers, trivia games, riddles and word games. Even just learning something new is another “exercise” that is a benefit to everyone’s brain.
Ten exercises to keep your brain healthy that aren't just for National Train Your Brain Day
- Spend 10 minutes on a crossword puzzle.
- Solve a jigsaw puzzle.
- Solve a few brain teasers.
- Play a memory or matching game.
- Challenge yourself to learn one new word each day for a month.
- Use your non-dominant hand.
- Use an app like Duolingo to learn a new language.
- Do a Sudoku puzzle.
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier.