About National Peanut Butter Day
While most people enjoy peanut butter in some form, people who have arachibutyrophobia probably stay away from it. Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of getting the sticky stuff stuck to the roof of one’s mouths.
- Did you know? A 12-ounce jar of peanut butter contains more than 500 peanuts.
- Did you know? Former presidents Jimmy Carter and Thomas Jefferson had peanut farms.
- Did you know? Peanut butter sandwiches are a favorite of former President Bill Clinton and Elvis Presley. “The King” famously liked to add bananas to his sandwiches.
- Did you know? While men generally like chunky peanut butter better, women and children opt for a creamy consistency.
- Did you know? Peanut butter is a delicious and healthy food that can also be vegan and gluten-free. It contains fiber, unsaturated fat, protein and vitamin E.
- Did you know? On average, an American kid will eat roughly 1,500 PB&J sandwiches by the time they graduate high school.
- Did you know? Peanut butter is something that stays with Americans once they grow up, too. The average adult consumes three pounds of peanut butter annually.
- Did you know? Peanut butter can be used as a tool. If there is gum stuck in someone’s hair, the oils in the peanut butter will help remove it.
- Did you know? Peanut butter is so good, it has the whole month of November dedicated to its honor.