About National No Dirty Dishes Day
It's a chore that no one likes. Staring at the pile of dirty dishes after a three-course Sunday lunch isn't the best way to relax after a heavy meal, but the dishes need to be done.
Top Tips for Washing Dishes
- Start cleaning your least dirty dishes first.
- Fill large pots or pans with soap and water and let them soak for a while. By the time you’re ready to clean them the caked-on grime will have lifted and makes them easier to clean.
- Begin by washing all drinking glasses, so that any grease from pots and pans won’t transfer to the glasses.
- If you’re washing stemware make sure to lay a towel down on the bottom of the sink to ensure they don’t get scratched or damaged.
- After the glassware is done, move through your cutlery, plates, and bowls, and then finally onto the pots and pans.