About National Hot Mulled Cider Day
Mulled cider is a warm and comforting drink that is perfect for cold weather. To make mulled cider, you will need:
- 8 cups of apple cider
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- In a large pot, combine the apple cider, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, add brown sugar to taste. Be aware that the apple cider already has natural sugar, so be mindful of how much you add.
- Strain the mixture to remove the spices and orange slices.
- Serve the warm cider in mugs, garnished with an orange slice or cinnamon stick if desired.
- You can also add a splash of brandy, whiskey, or rum to make it a more adult drink, or you can add a splash of vanilla extract, maple syrup or caramel sauce for additional flavor.
Mulled cider can be served at any event, from a family gathering to a Christmas party. It's a delicious and warm drink that can be enjoyed by all.