About National Hot Mulled Cider Day
Mulled cider is a warm and comforting drink that is perfect for cold weather. To make mulled cider, you will need:
- 8 cups of apple cider
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- In a large pot, combine the apple cider, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- If desired, add brown sugar to taste. Be aware that the apple cider already has natural sugar, so be mindful of how much you add.
- Strain the mixture to remove the spices and orange slices.
- Serve the warm cider in mugs, garnished with an orange slice or cinnamon stick if desired.
- You can also add a splash of brandy, whiskey, or rum to make it a more adult drink, or you can add a splash of vanilla extract, maple syrup or caramel sauce for additional flavor.
Mulled cider can be served at any event, from a family gathering to a Christmas party. It's a delicious and warm drink that can be enjoyed by all.
National Rosé Day
Find out the dates, history and traditions of National Rosé Day
National Bourbon Day
Find out the dates, history and traditions of National Bourbon Day
National Martini Day
Find out the dates, history and traditions of National Martini Day
National Anisette Day
Anisette is a french alcoholic liqueur flavoured with anise.
Other Observances on September 30th 2023
Orange Shirt Day
A day that focuses on the rights of Indigenous Peoples through an event that took place in 1973.
Find out the dates, history and traditions of Martyr's Day
Educating about the importance of freedom of expression, even opinions contrary to religions or offensive to religious people
International Day of Podcasts
Find out the dates, history and traditions of International Day of Podcasts