About National Candy Day
National Candy Day is a sweet way to celebrate all the different kinds of delicious candy eaten by people all over the world.
- Did you know? During World War II, American soldiers were given Tootsie Rolls in their rations because of the candy's ability to withstand all weather conditions.
- Did you know? The largest peanut butter cup ever made weighs 440 pounds!
- Did you know? Snickers is named after a horse.
- Did you know? Life Savers mints debuted in 1912 as a “summer candy:” a candy intended to withstand the heat of summer better than chocolate, which melts.
- Did you know? Candy originated in India. Ancient Indians would boil sugarcane juice, turning it into individual pieces of sugar, which they called “khanda”.