About National Caesar Salad Day
It might sound Italian, but the Caesar salad is Mexican. It was invented in 1924, by Caesar Cardini, an Italian immigrant in Tijuana.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (about 50ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 soft-boiled eggs
- Heavy pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle red wine vinegar
- 3 shots Worcestershire sauce/anchovies
- Garlic croûtons
- Drizzle lettuce with 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add vinegar and toss to coat.
- Drizzle Worcestershire sauce over lettuce. Toss to coat.
- Crack eggs over salad. Toss to coat.
- Top with the croûtons and serve.