About National Muffin Day
History of Muffins
Muffins have been a popular snack for centuries and have evolved over time. The origin of the muffin dates back to medieval England when cooks created small cakes that were cooked in ashes. These early muffins were made from flour, sugar, yeast and nuts and raisins.
The word originates from the French word “Moufflet”
By the mid-18th century, plain muffins had become popular in Britain with the addition of fat and eggs to lighten up the texture. By the 19th century, muffin recipes began appearing in cookbooks across Europe with many variations on ingredients including different types of flour or fruits like blueberries or bananas.
Today, muffins are widely enjoyed around the world as a breakfast treat or snack. There is an endless variety of flavors available ranging from traditional favorites like blueberry or chocolate chip to creative spins like pumpkin spice or maple bacon!
Popular Muffin Varieties
Muffins are a popular, delicious treat that comes in many varieties. From sweet to savory, there is something to please every palate. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast before work or an indulgent snack to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings, here are some of the most popular types of muffins.
Blueberry Muffin: A classic favorite! Bursting with juicy blueberries and topped with crunchy sugar crystals, this moist and tasty muffin is perfect for breakfast or snack time. You can also try adding some lemon zest for an additional burst of flavor.
Chocolate Chip Muffin: Who doesn't love chocolate? This decadent muffin is made with semi-sweet chocolate chips throughout the batter and sprinkled on top for extra yumminess.
This muffin is a great choice for breakfast, as bananas are a great way to start your day. Often, banana muffins are also filled with hazelnuts, drastically improving the taste.
Interesting Facts about Muffins
Here are some fun facts about muffins you might find interesting.
- Some types of muffins have a dedicated national holiday. An example of this can be the 11th of July for a blueberry muffin or the 19th of December for oatmeal muffins.
- English muffins are raised by using yeast and are the simplest muffins to make.
- Some States in the US have categorized a State Muffin, such as apple muffin for New York or corn muffin for Minnesota.
- American muffins come in many flavors and are the most popular worldwide.
- The largest muffin ever made weighed in at 146.6 kg. Some experienced chefs in Italy made this gigantic muffin.
Banana Day 🍌
World Milk Day 🥛
World Ice Cream Day 🍦
National Mango Day 🥭
Other Observances on December 18th 2023
Answer The Telephone Like Buddy The Elf Day
Arabic Language Day
International Migrants Day