About National Butterscotch Pudding Day
Butterscotch pudding is a smooth and creamy dessert made with brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream. It's often flavored with vanilla or cinnamon and can be served topped with whipped cream or a sprinkle of nuts. This rich and decadent pudding is sure to please any sweet tooth.
National Butterscotch Pudding Day 2022 is celebrated annually on September 19th. This dessert originates from the United Kingdom.
There are many variations of butterscotch pudding, but the most common version is made with flour, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, and baking powder.
National Butterscotch Pudding Day was first celebrated in the United States in 1938. The event was created by the National Butterscotch Pudding Company to promote sales of their products.
Recipe for Butterscotch Pudding
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and corn syrup until stiff peaks form. Gounds will be glossy when beaten airy; do not overbeat.
- Gently fold one third of the egg whites into the batter until combined then fold in the remaining two thirds of the egg whites until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread
Banana Day 🍌
World Milk Day 🥛
World Ice Cream Day 🍦
National Mango Day 🥭