About National Color Day
National Color Day, observed annually on October 22nd, is a day to appreciate the natural colors of the world and to learn how colors influence our mood, productivity and behavior.
Color has the power to affect our state of mind, draw attention, and even cause alarm. Be sure to wear your favorite color today.
Different colors are perceived to mean different things. The following is one rendition of the perceived meaning of the various colors in the United States:
- Red: Excitement – Love – Strength
- Yellow: Competence – Happiness
- Green: Good Taste – Envy – Relaxation
- Blue: Corporate – High Quality
- Pink: Sophistication – Sincerity
- Violet/Purple: Authority – Power
- Brown: Ruggedness
- Black: Grief – Fear
- White: Happiness – Purity.