About National Hot Dog Day
- Did you know? The current world record for hot dogs eaten in 10 minutes is 75. The human physiological limit is believed to be 83, provided sufficient training beforehand..
- Did you know? According to both the British Sandwich Association and the USA’s National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, a hot dog is not a sandwich.
Chicago Style Hot Dogs
- Brush your hot dog bun with rapeseed oil and sprinkle over poppy seeds.
- For a tasty, fresh relish, combine chop up some shallots, tomatoes, gherkins and celery in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and cook the sausages for 10-12mins until cooked all the way through.
- Half-split and lightly toast the hot dog buns.
- Place a sausage in each bun, squirt over some mustard, add a spoonful of the relish and top each with two jalapeño slices.