About National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day
In 2020, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics celebrates Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day on Wednesday, March 11. As the nation's food and nutrition experts, registered dietitian nutritionists are committed to improving the health of their patients, clients and communities. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day and National Nutrition Month® promote the Academy and RDNs to the public and the media as the most valuable and credible source of timely, scientifically-based food and nutrition information.
First celebrated in 2008, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day commemorates the dedication of RDNs as advocates for advancing the nutrition status of Americans and people around the world. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day, celebrated each year on the second Wednesday in March, was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to increase the awareness of registered dietitian nutritionists as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services. This occasion also serves to recognize both RDNs and nutrition and dietetic technicians, registered for their commitment to helping people enjoy healthy lives.
About Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship, passed an examination and maintain continuing education.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make personalized, positive lifestyle changes.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research private practice and more.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.